Cashew Butter Recipes
Cashew Pesto & Penne Pasta
* 1 lb box of penne pasta (or another favorite pasta)
* 1 jar Realicious Raw Cashew Butter
* 30g olive oil
* 100g basil
* 1 tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese (optional)
* Juice from Half lemon
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 cloves garlic
Cook pasta noodles per directions on box. Drain and set aside.
Add remaining ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth.
Add to pasta and toss to coat.
White Bean & Cashew Butter Dip Ingredients
* ½ cup Realicious Nut Butter
* 1 (16 oz) can white beans (Great Northern, Cannellini, or your favorite white beans), drained and rinsed
* 1 clove garlic
* 2 Tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
* 2 tspn (10 ml) fresh rosemary
* 2 tspn (10 ml) fresh sage
* salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process the mixture to a smooth consistency. Taste and add salt as desired.
2. Garnish with chopped fresh rosemary or sage, if desired.
3. Serve with pita wedges, crostini, or assorted vegetables.
Flourless Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 jar Realicious cashew butter
* 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
2. Combine egg and sugar and mix until well blended. Mix in the baking soda. Add the cashew butter and blend well. Last, fold in the chips.
3. form 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
4. Flatten the balls of dough just slightly with your fingers or a spreading knife.
5. Bake for 12-13 minutes. The cookies will puff up and just barely begin to get golden on the edges. They will look soft and a little under cooked but will firm up as they cool.
6. Cool the cookies on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.