Sunflower Seed Butter Recipes
Quick & Easy Gluten-Free Sunflower Seed Butter & Coconut Curry
Adapted from Kathryn Budig
* 1 can coconut milk
* 2 Tablespoon Realicious Sunflower Butter
* 1 Tablespoon curry powder
* 1 Tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon paprika powder
* 3 cloves garlic
* 2 oz (50 g) tomato paste
* 1 teaspoon tumeric
* 1 inch piece fresh ginger
* 3 Tablespoon hot sauce
* 1 chili pepper (optional)
* 1 pinch cayenne powder
* 2 teaspoon sea salt
* 4 oz (100 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
* 2 oz (50 g) organic fresh basil, julienned
* 1 package brown rice noodles
1. Combine all ingredients except tomatoes, basil and rice noodles in food processor or blender. Blend until sauce is smooth
2. Cook rice noodles per directions on the box.
3. Add sauce, tomatoes and basil to noodles. Toss to combine.
Sunflower Seed & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from The Dinner Mom
* 1/2 cup butter (softened)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 cup Realicious Sunflower Seed Butter
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
2. Mix butter, sugar and sunflower seed butter. Beat on Medium speed for several minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and stir to combine.
4. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir to combine.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Form dough into Tablespoon-sized balls and use a fork to press down on the dough to make criss-cross indentations.
7. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. They will still be soft when removed from the oven.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 more minutes before transfering to a cooling rack.
* 1 cup spinach or kale
* 1 Tablespoon Realicious Sunflower Butter
* 1 cup cashew milk (made from Realicious Cashew Butter)
* 1 frozen banana
* 1 Tablespoon Flax Seed Meal (optional)
* Handful of frozen berries (optional)
* 1 Tablespoon protein powder (optional)
1. Combine ingredients in blender, puree until smooth. Enjoy.
No Bake Granola Bars
Adapted from TheBigMansWorld.com
Makes 10 bars
* 2 cups (150 g) rolled oats
* 1/4 cup Realicious sunflower seed butter
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
* 1 cup dried cranberries (raisins or other dried fruit work, too!)
* 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, dried fruit, cinnamon and salt.
2. Combine the Realicious sunflower seed butter, honey and coconut oil. Heat over low heat until runny, being careful not to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Combine dry and liquid mixtures and stir until fully combined.
4. Pour the granola mixture into a 9” x 9” baking pan lined with baking paper. Press firmly to cover the entire pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set. Remove and cut into bars.
Gluten-Free Sunflower & Banana Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
* 1½ cups gluten-free flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* ½ teaspoon kosher salt
* 3 large eggs
* 6 Tablespoons sugar
* 6 Tablespoons grapeseed (or other neutral tasting) oil
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* Juice of ½ lemon
* 1 cup Realicious Sunflower Seed Butter
* 3 mashed bananas (approximately 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Line 12 standard muffin cups.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, lemon juice and sunflower seed butter until smooth. Add the flour mixture and whisk to combine. Stir in the bananas. Poor mixture into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Let cool in the pan and serve warm or at room temperature.